- COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Account Information
In order to use certain listing Services, Users must have a valid Ruckify Account to log into the Platform (“Account”). When you register for an Account, Ruckify may collect the following information:
- First and last names;
- Phone number;
- Email address;
- Profile picture
- Age/ Date of Birth;
- Credit card and/or billing information; and
- Social media account login.
This Personal Information is collected to allow us to administer your Account and provide you with the Services. In particular, We collect the above information for the following purposes:
- Verify your identity when you create an Account on our Platform, including through third-party provider Facebook and Google (if you choose to sign in using a third-party service);
- To create personalized content for you;
- To communicate with you regarding your engagement with our Platform;
- To send promotional or marketing content (in accordance with applicable anti-spam laws);
- For billing purposes so that you can make purchases and receive payment through the Services; and
- To allow you to interact with other community members as part of the Services.
- Transaction and Services Usage Data
Ruckify collects and stores information related to your use of the Services and transactions completed on the Services (“User History”), some of which information may be considered Personal Information. In particular, Ruckify keeps track of:
- Items that you list or book;
- Item pricing;
- Availability or Items;
- Photos of Items;
- Locations where Items are picked up or delivered for a Booking;
- Your location;
- Booking dates;
- Bank Account Information
- Amounts paid and received in respect of transactions on the Platform;
- Reviews of other Users and Items; and
- Messages exchanged with other Users in the Platform.
We collect and store User History to allow Users to keep track of transactions and other activities on the Platform, resolve User disputes, and create aggregated and anonymised statistical data about how Users interact with the Services. In particular, We use User History to:
- To help us improve our Platform;
- To provide User and Item reviews to other Users;
- To create reports based on User engagement with the Platform;
- To calculate the most used areas of our Platform;
- To analyze trends regarding User location and types of Items being offered and rented; and
- To monitor Platform usage to prevent and address violations, fraud, or illegal activities.
Ruckify may also collect certain information from users of the Website and Services, such as Internet addresses, time spent logged into the Services, type of device you are using, operating system and other usage data (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data is logged to help diagnose technical problems, and to administer our Website and Services in order to constantly improve the quality of the Services.
A User is required to have a valid credit card associated with their Account before posting or Booking an Item. The Platform is not intended for anyone under the age of eighteen (18) years old and we do not knowingly allow anyone under the age of 18 to use the Platform. If an underage person does wish to engage with our Platform, he or she must have consent from a parent or guardian. If you become aware of an underage User that has created an Account on the Platform or otherwise is attempting to use the Services without the permission or consent of a parent or guardian, please email us at the contact information below.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, scripts, and tags are used by us and our third-party partners. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the website, tracking users’ movements around the website, and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing these types of tracking technologies.
Standing alone, cookies do not identify you personally. They merely recognize your browser. Cookies come in two types: session and persistent-based. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser software or turn off your computer. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you’ve closed your browser or turned off your computer.
Ruckify uses session cookies containing encrypted information to allow the system to uniquely identify you while you are logged in. This information allows Ruckify to process online transactions and requests. Session cookies help us make sure you are who you say you are after you’ve logged in and are required in order to use the Service.
Ruckify uses persistent cookies that only Ruckify can read and use, to identify the fact that you are a Ruckify user. We are especially careful about the security and confidentiality of the information stored in persistent cookies. Users who disable their web browser’s ability to accept cookies will be able to browse our Website but may not be able to use all the features of our Services.
- SECURITY AND STORAGE
3.1 Storage Location
Ruckify stores its data, including Personal Information, on servers located in Canada and the United States. By submitting any Personal Information or using the Services, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing of your Personal Information in Canada and the U.S. You acknowledge and agree that your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement and governmental agencies in those countries under lawful access regimes or court order. Information is stored using Amazon Web Services servers.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your Account information or password for the Services to third parties.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
- Disclosure of Personal Information
Certain Personal Information that you upload to your public profile will be made available to other users on the Platform in order to allow you to transact with other Users and use the Services, including your first name, profile picture, and general location. When you transact with another User, they may be provided with additional information such as your exact location and contact information.
When a User creates a posting on the Platform for an Item, all of the information provided is shared on the Platform, including Item name and description, picture, pricing, availability, as well as the Poster’s profile picture, first name, general location of the Item, link to the User’s profile, Item reviews, and any other additional information that the Poster submits to the posting.
- Disclosure of Statistical Data
Ruckify may disclose aggregate statistical data to its business partners, who may use the data for business purposes. This information does not include any Personal Information or otherwise identify any individual Customers.
- Service Providers and Business Partners
We may from time to time employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share Personal Information with them to provide the Services. Unless we tell you differently, such third parties do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. This includes third party companies and individuals employed by us to facilitate our products and services, including the provision of maintenance services, database management, customer relationship management, payment processing, web analytics and general improvement of the Services, and businesses who engage our Services (to the extent provided for above). We will limit the Personal Information shared with service providers to that which is necessary to make available and maintain the Services.
- Business Transfers
If we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information may be made available or otherwise transferred to the new controlling entity, where permitted under applicable law.
- With Your Consent
- Disclosure Under Applicable Law
Ruckify may disclose Personal Information in limited circumstances where required or permitted under applicable laws, including:
- To another organization for the purposes of detecting or suppressing fraud;
- As necessary or appropriate, with our attorneys, accountants, auditors or other advisors;
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations; or
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary (a) to protect our rights, the integrity of the Platform, or your safety or the safety of other members, or (b) to detect, prevent, or respond to theft or fraud, violations of law or our policies or Terms of Service, or other misuse of the Platform.
- ACCESS, CORRECTION, AND ACCURACY
You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information, although in certain limited circumstances, and as permitted under law, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you, such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances, we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Last Updated: June 8th, 2018